Indoor Positioning with infsoft Locator Tags
infsoft Locator Tags are small BLE and UWB tags which enable capturing and tracking objects and people indoors. They are also suitable for analyzing walking routes. Much like infsoft Locator Nodes, they work with server-based installations, which means that the position is determined on a server (cloud or on-premise). In contrast to infsoft Locator Nodes, infsoft Locator Tags are primarily developed for large areas where only a few objects should be captured using BLE.
infsoft Locator Tags are modularly constructed and can be equipped with BLE and Ultra-wideband modules - depending on the application scenario. Thus, they are suitable for Ultra-wideband applications.
Functionality of infsoft Locator Tags with BLE Module
For indoor positioning with infsoft Locator Tags, evenly distributed beacons are necessary. Since beacons are relatively cheap (3-30 Euros) and easy to install (can be glued to walls/ceilings, battery-powered), they are especially suitable for large areas with just a few items to track. The tag itself is inexpensive, battery-powered and roughly has the size of a matchbox. It is adhered to the object, people who should be tracked, can simply put it into their pockets.
The infsoft Locator Tags receive the Bluetooth signals of the Beacons installed in the building and transmit the data via WiFi to the infsoft LocAware platform®. Here, the position is calculated and provided via web services. The beacons can be used for precise indoor navigation for employees and clients independently. In order to make use of indoor navigation, an app is necessary. Hence, infsoft Locator Tags are suitable for all scenarios where a few objects should be tracked in a large area and indoor navigation is an interesting additional feature.
Functionality of infsoft Locator Tags with Ultra-wideband Module
infsoft Locator Tags are designed to fit our client's specific needs. This is why they can be equipped with various modules
. So they can be used in a very flexible way and can be changed according to current requirements. Besides BLE, Ultra-wideband
is one possible module. UWB enables asset tracking in industrial environments with an accuracy of 10-30 cm.
The system can either be set up server based
(visualization of positioning data in the backend, no display on a client (smartphone)) or client based
(visualization of positioning data on a client (smartphone) and if necessary transmission to the backend).
Technical Features of infsoft Locator Tags
- Dimensions (LxWxH): approx. 60mm x 40mm x 20mm (depending on equipment features)
- WiFi 802.11n, 2.4Ghz
- Bluetooth 4.1 (Dual Mode)
- Ultra-wideband (UWB)
- Locator Tag: battery-powered: approx. 1 year, or connected to electrical grid
- Beacons: battery-powered: duration 2-8 years, or connected to electrical grid
Use Cases for infsoft Locator Tags
infsoft Locator Tags enable some exciting use cases in many different industries. Here are some examples:
- Locating medical equipment: In a hospital with several hundreds of thousands square meters a few X-ray machines should be tracked. Furthermore, patients profit from indoor navigation.
- Locating security staff: The walking routes of guardians should automatically be tracked on a large factory site.
- Tracking cleaning vehicles on large sites: The Locator Tag can be supplied with power over the vehicle. The evaluation shows which areas have been cleaned how many times.
- Localization and tracing of pick carts in real time: pick carts are equipped with infsoft Locator Tags and thus can be located extensively in a warehouse.